Home | Info | Know
How | Download |
News | Buy
| Files | Notes | History
Update History NG
Release Changes |5.30 | -> 5.40
This list contains the bug fixes and extentions made from version to version.
Version 5.40 Release Date 12/27/2004
Window titles: If subwindows are opened, a additional number is shown in the
title line, to ease the recognition of the subwindow state.
- After an "organized" failure (i.e. if Tempus-Word NG announces
an error an wants you to restart), temporary files are no more deleted. Now
is simple to recover documents, you worked on, if you activated auto saving
in the system parameters.
- "Save work" saves the pathes now relative. If you make sure,
that the all path are beyond the Tempus-Word NG main directory, it is now
very easy, to copy the whole installation i.e. on an USB stick and use it
wherever you want without installation.
- Tempus-Word NG now supports several JPEG formats
(yes, there are truly several different ones). We used modified sources of
the "Independent JPEG Group",
to add this feature to Tempus-Word NG.
One wish: If you have images you would
like to load into Tempus-Word NG but it refuses to, please, send (if possible)
these images for testing. We are
to implement quite more formats our users like to insert.
- Open template (TWS files):
There is a new folder "design", where templates
basically are opened from. The last selected template will be the preselection
if you open the template folder again. "Save as" will be offered as
default, the standard name for saving is "template name.TWD".
Accidentally appearing warnings belonging to changed files (i.e. Keyboard
layout, dictionaries, a.s.o.) may be canceled. This stops closing Tempus-Word
- Correction: Opening the correction dialog while the cursor is placed on
a word, this word will be automatically selected.
Changes (Described errors are fixed in this version)
- RTF import: If negative unicode symbols appeared, Tempus-Word NG quitted.
- Copy block: If a text block was moved/copied in a text and if this block
contained index entries that still existed with their internal id that
in subtexts (footer, header), an internal error occured but was not recognized.
Adding new index entries caused a system fault.
- Deleting paragraph format: Deleting
a format, it could happen, that used formats in subtexts (i.e. footer) where
not modified as expected. This could cause
an "Error #8" in worst case.
- Text modules: Manually triggering of module search (shift space). Behaviour
depends now on the settings in system parameters - misc. settings - text
module automation. If selected, shift space will insert simply a space without
the module shortcut. If not selected, a text module shortcut will be interpreted
- Text modules popup: This function - showing all text modules containing
the preceeding word in its shortcut are displayed in a popup - was deactivated
because of compatibility reasons of STE-Runtime. To show this popup you can
now choose "shift control space". The explicit space (that i.e. prevents
word break) is now placed on "control space". Inserting microspaces
left/right moved to "alternate space" respectively "shift alternate
- Database: Umlauts (German special characters) could not be searched.
Fields where limited to 79 letters. Extending the dialog allowed defining
larger fields, followed by a system fault. Fields currently are
restricted to 80 letters (will be part of change in the future) to prevent
- Database: Main dialog button "cancel" is renamed to "close" because
canceling as it it usually defined is not possible there.
- Database: Offered
comparison strings where not compatible to the internally used (equal to
vs. Equal, smaller than vs. Smaller, larger than vs. Larger).
Using the popup entries did not work.
- Database: Choosing search operators
from the popup adds shortcuts now.
- Database: Comparing and sorting of float
fields ends in system fault.
- Tables: It was impossible to extend tables to full
page height, because limits where given from page width.
- Templates (TWS): Templates
containing fields that had to be calculated on load, usually ends in a
- Templates (TWS): After filling the info dialog the template was visually
added to an existing document, before a redraw cleared this.
- Load text: I some
circumstances it could happen that word wrapping on a initially loaded
text could end in a system fault because of some not initialized variables.
as: It could happen, that text fields where not updated.
- Exception handling
altered: Follow up errors (block or heap errors) are suppressed now. This
preserves the basic error message, that could be overwritten in
- Define extender: Defined extender were not saved/loaded in the work
- GDOS printing: The preset paper size and the margins of printer
where not correctly set. Especially successful landscape printing required
some experience. Now
settings are used correctly and printing always measures from center
of page. This preserves perfect placement of double sided print-outs.
- SysDivers: From
now on there is no window limit any more.
- SysFens/SysArbeit: Positioning is
now solution independent saved in the sys file.
- Placing index entries: Fixed
spaces in marked blocks are modified to standard spaces to preserve a expected
- Deleting of temp files altered to achieve the desired operation on
MacOS X as well.
- Delete text: An additional "Cancel"-Button allows
First Final Release 5.30, 04/08/2004
- New: Bubble help
- New: GIF printer (b/w)
- New: Correction can optionally ignore words with numbers or capital letters.
- New: Window selection in Info bar
- New: Tool selection in Info bar
- Several internal enhancements and bug fixes
Version 5.22BETA, 02/15/2004
- First release of adjusted English keyboard reference (documentation and
keyboard driver TWKEYUK.TAS)
- Smarter-looking skin (3D buttons in the information panes)
- Accessing of several dialogs by shortcuts improved (replacement of multiple
- Preparations for the coming version of ST-Emulator Runtime (English)